Thursday, September 4, 2008

Fenway Park!



I've been unbelievably busy the last several weeks and it's time for an update. A couple of weeks ago my oldest son and I had a fantastic evening at Fenway Park! Several months ago A wonderful member of the organization I work for gave me and a collegue 4 of his season tickets to see the Red Sox square off against the Texas Rangers. The seats were unreal! We were behind home plate about 20 rows back! The atmosphere inside and outside the park was terrific, in fact it reminded me of my trip to Wrigley Field earlier this year. Both venues are unique in that they're located in long established neighborhoods, not in the middle of 1000 acre concrete parking lots, hence people can walk around, visit pubs and restaurants, etc. "Dice-K" dominated the Rangers and the Red Sox pounded the ball. Dustin Pedroia and "Yook" were killing it and "Big Papi" crushed a home run.

The most exciting part of the night was when "Big Papi" fouled a ball straight back up the net, it hit a steel girder and popped through an opening, falling straight down toward us. My son out jumped a mob of fans and grabbed the ball! What a rush! This kid is a ball magnet! Last year we were at Dodger Stadium and the left fielder, Luis Gonzales, caught a fly ball to end the inning and tossed it into our row along the left field line and my son came up with it. He probably has a dozen balls he's snagged at various minor league games over the years as well. But catching a game and getting a ball at Fenway has to be the best one yet! (I'll post some pictures when I get a chance...)

1 comment:

Steve Scott said...

Congrats to your kid! I've yet to make it to Fenway. I'll probably make it to Safeco in Seattle before I make the east coast. So many of the parks I've visited are no longer around. Almost gotta start over.