Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Capital to Capital Century Prep

This Saturday I'll tackle the "Capital to Capital century" again! It's a 100 mile ride from downtown Richmond to Williamsburg and back. I'm not sure how many people are riding the century, but there are around 1000 cyclists registered for the various rides. It makes for quite an atmosphere. Last year I did it in 5 1/2 hours. I'm in much better shape this year and would like to cut my time down. I've been putting in a lot of time at the gym and have a very decent mileage base this spring. My weight is down and my overall strength is up as a result, so I should feel better the 2nd half of the ride. I've been getting my miles in when I'm home, averaging 40- 50 miles an outing several times a week for the last month or so. I've also found some decent climbs, so I've had a lot more "hill work" this year as well. When all is said and done I'm very pumped for this ride! The route is beautiful, I'm feeling great, and I absolutely love my bike!

I found a really cool link to some info about my first "real bike"! Man, did I ever love that Fuji!! I don't have any idea how many miles I put on that bike, but it felt like a part of me. I wish I still had it.

http://www.classicfuji.com/ClubFuji_1985_Page.htm

No comments: