Sunday, March 23, 2008

O-Hi-O


Last week I made my first trip into Columbus, Ohio. I've got to say, Ohio is a great state to visit. I was in Cleveland several months ago and enjoyed my week. Last summer I found myself in Cincinnati and spent an evening at "The Great American Ballpark". It's a beautiful park and I had an absolute blast. I even managed to snag a ball during pregame BP! So I wasn't surprised that Columbus was a great place to visit as well. What always makes a city stand out is cleanliness, pleasant people, and great food. Columbus has all three! I enjoyed several meals at "Max & Erma's" and some great BBQ at "City BBQ". We're talking North Carolina style pulled pork & great hush puppies! Columbus' airport is clean, has some decent restaurants, and has free wireless internet, which is a rarity nowadays.


I also made an overnight trip down to Northern Kentucky for an appointment. Afterwards I had a couple of hours to kill so I went through the nearby "Creation Museum". I was very impressed! I'm a firm believer in the Biblical view of creation, hence a "young Earth". They present the facts/ case extremely well and it was well worth the price of admission ($20 for adults).


I also got to use my new Magellan GPS this week and it's great! Pop in the address and it drops you on the doorstep! Next week will be a real test because I'm making my first trip to Long Island, NY and Southern Connecticut.




Congratulations to CSC stud Fabian Cancellara, who stole off the front of a strong break and time trialed his way to a win at Milan- San Remo, one of cyclings classic races! Cancellara is having an amazing season thus far. He won Tirreno- Adriatico last week as well!
As for me, I'm still battling problems with my sciatic nerve and have only been on the bike once in the last month and a half. It started out as a back problem. It is getting slightly better, but it's taking a long time. I'm hoping for some real improvement this week.

No comments: