Thursday, May 22, 2008

This Week...

I've been working in Virginia & Maryland. We've had rain in bucket's it seems and everything is so green right now! Earlier this week I was out on the bike (rides of 30 & 50 miles) and was amazed at how fragrant the Gardenia and Honeysuckle is right now. Those scents are a blessing from God as far as I'm concerned!

I met with some wonderful people in Charlottesville and Buena Vista. Then drove up the Shenendoah Valley to Hagerstown, Maryland. What a beautiful drive! I brought my bike with me on this trip and did about 12 miles around Hagerstown before it started pouring rain. I hadn't cycled in rain like that in quite some time! Happily, it didn't bother me a bit. I was enjoying suffering on the hills around Hagerstown and the rain just seemed to make it "cool" for some reason. I had to wash my kit in the sink when I got back to my hotel room.

My evening appointment cancelled. So I drove down to D.C. and met a colleague who's on vacation. We bought some tickets off a scalper and watched the Nationals and Phillies while we "talked shop". Great ballpark! It has an old school feel to it. Too bad the Nationals are such a crappy team. They were shelled 12-2. Ryan Howard hit a couple of absolute bomb's for the Phillies.

4 comments:

Steve Scott said...

I've followed the progression of the building of the new park by watching the artists renderings develop. Then I watched the opening game of the season on TV. Cool park. I definitely need to go there someday. Glad you got to go.

Richmond Roadie said...

Thanks! It's a HUGE improvement over RFK! I was really impressed at "the feel" National's Park has.

Jason Nota said...

You were so close to where my brother lives which is Berkeley Springs, WV. We visited Hagerstown while visiting them.

Richmond Roadie said...

Did you happen to check out the Antietam battlefield? It's one of the best preserved battlefields I've been to.