Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Children

I can't believe my oldest son is 17! His birthday was Friday. My wife and I took him and his girlfriend out to dinner at Bistro, a nice Italian restaurant. It's amazing and fun to watch your children grow! God has truly blessed me with some terrific children.

My oldest is now 17. He's a very sharp, responsible, young Christian. He gets good grades (geez he's sharp!) and has just been made a crew manager at work. He also has a conscience and I'm always impressed at what a genuinely nice young man he is. He's very athletic. Baseball is his first love (as it was mine at his age), but he's developing a real interest in cycling. Cycling wise I think he'd make a very capable climber. I bought him an great old Cilo about a year ago.

My second son turned 15 in February. He's a great kid! He has a real love for God, history, and current events. I'm quite certain he knows more about Constitutional government and history than most adults. He has very high standards when it comes to friends, and carry's himself quite well (quite confidence). He's very athletic and is a vacuum cleaner with a baseball glove. He can really handle a basketball. In fact, he beat me two of three games at 21 yesterday (and swatted the crap out of me one time!). He'll make a good cyclist as he's got quite an engine (I need to find him a bike).

My oldest daughter is almost 12. She's a gem! She's very sweet, pretty, and smart. She's making honor roll in her honors courses at school (A's and 1 B+). She is an exceptionally talented artist and has had several pieces displayed in school art shows! She just made her middle school soccer team as well. I love that she'll watch my favorite British comedy "Keeping Up Appearances" with me and enjoy it as much as I do! What I love most about her is that she's a genuinely nice, caring young lady.

My youngest daughter is 7. She's such a delight. She's quite cute and at her age she's probably more advanced than my other kids were. I imagine it's from having older siblings. She acts way older than other kids her age. She's takes advanced courses at her school and is still bored with them (so she tells me). She reads and speaks like she's 10 or 11 years old. She plays soccer and has an ear for music that we really need to develop. She has a great sense of humor and can make us all laugh hard! What I love most is when she asks me to say a prayer with her every night. It's very sweet. We love to share an apple as well.

There's nothing I love more than spending time with my family! It's what life is all about as far as I'm concerned. Whether it's just sitting around talking, going to the gym, a ballgame, or on a family trip, I love being their father. I'd do anything for them. I guess that's what being a dad is all about.

I pray they'll always enjoy all life has to offer, and have many great memories.

1 comment:

Jason Nota said...

I agree spending time with the family is what life is all about. I have two sons 10 & 3. Baseball is my 10 year old first sport of choice (mine also). Soccer is his second. I did not really like soccer at first but now that he plays I have learned the sport and really like it now. Sounds like you have a wonderful family. God bless you.